Chipotle Mexican Grill has opened a new GREEN restaurant!
Located in Gurnee, Illinois it features the LASTEST in eco-friendly amenities. Some highlights from MarketWatch:
- Constructed with recycled drywall and barn metal and low-chemical paints.
- A 6-kilowatt onsite wind-turbine will provide some of the restaurant’s energy.
- Energy-efficient LEED lighting, kitchen equipment, faucets and toilets.
From the Organic Authority Files
- A 2,500 gallon water cistern that will gather rainwater and irrigate the landscape.
- Beautified with native plants which require less watering and fertilizer
- And special asphalt that reflects the sun’s heat, cooling the entire site.
Chipotle is MORE my speed. But Dunkin’ Donuts recently unveiled its own green store.
No wind-turbine, but it uses energy-efficient lighting, eco-friendly plumbing and earthworm-casting that’ll CONVERT restaurant scraps into fertilizer.