Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on gluten-free deserts for the holidays, why you should stock up your kitchen with lemons, how to make art with your kids sans the toxins, absolutely everything you need to know about coffee, and a ton of great healthy breakfast options that aren't bagels and cereal. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful weekend!
1. Gluten-free desserts have gone mainstream — with good reason. The best recipes are sinfully enticing, and healthy, too. Check them out over at Experience Life.
2. Packed with vitamins and nutrients, lemons are a must for every household. Their many health benefits include improving digestion, fighting cancer and more. Read why they should be a part of your daily diet on The Organic Whey.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Luckily, there are more options available now for making art with your kids SANS the toxins. Instead of using heavy metals and harsh chemicals, there are natural art materials that are made with fruit and plant extracts for gorgeously vibrant colors and also the sweet aroma of "realness" while you paint or draw. Read all about them on MightyNest.
4. YogiTimes breaks down coffee from its early uses to its health benefits in a great, easy to read post. Check it out!
5. If you chow down a bowl of cereal or go for a breakfast bagel before you head out the door in the morning, chances are good you’ll be napping at your desk a few hours later. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that healthy breakfast foods don’t just help with weight loss and weight management; they also determine your productivity. For better concentration levels, improved energy and a slimmer waistline, check out these healthy breakfast ideas from Blisstree to replace your bagel and cereal habit.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Reluctant Entertainer