Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on the benefits of the nutritional supplement CLA, some great back to school options, a study on hot yoga, some delicious kale recipes your kids will actually love, cinnamon, and a new Netflix show that's taking the net by storm. Enjoy!
1. Fans of the nutritional supplement CLA believe it can help you get thin. Here’s the skinny from Experience Life on how CLA works and how you can best incorporate it into your fitness regimen.
2. A new backpack is on many back-to-school checklists. Ultimately, you want your child's backpack to function well and to be safe of harmful materials like PVC (labels may say #3). Fortunately, all of the backpacks available at MightyNest are screened carefully to be free of PVC, phthalates, lead and BPA. Read all about them!
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Do you practice hot yoga? Despite some recent rumblings, a study has shown that it's not dangerous, just really uncomfortable. Read all about it at Blisstree.
4. You may not think that kale is a food most kids would be clamorring to eat. These delicious-looking recipes from YogiTimes beg to differ! Kale pesto, kale chips and more.
5. Cinnamon, one of the oldest spices known to man, has long been used not just as a flavor enhancer, but also for its medicinal qualities. Cinnamon is an antioxidant, and its essential oils have strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It has also been used centuries over for its qualities as a sedative and pain reliever. Read more at The Organic Whey.
6. Ecosalon has a love affair with the new Netflix show, Orange Is The New Black. We couldn't agree more. Click through to find out why!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent