Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on brain food, how to clean a pacifier, which leafy greens are best, how to de-stress at work, the health benefits of cinnamon, DIY flower planters and a 4 step natural remedy for acne.
1. Brain food: we know we need it, but what is it? Brain food hydrates, fights free radicals, isn't processed and boosts key nutrients. To learn all about brain food, head over to Experience Life.
2. A happy baby sucks on a pacifier. Suddenly the pacifier is on the ground, covered in who knows what. Instead of reaching for a chemical sanitizer, try the best multipurpose cleaner around: parent spit. Visit Mightynest to learn about the powers of parent spit and cleaning pacifiers.
3. Full of leafy green goodness, salads can be a super healthy meal. But which greens are bests? Take the guess work out of choosing your leafy greens and check out Blisstree's handy infographic on the nutritional value of salad greens.
From the Organic Authority Files
4. Feeling the stress of your work day? Try taking a quick hatha yoga break. Taking a quick break to stretch and breath may help calm your nerves and ultimately increase your productivity. Try the 3 stretching and breathing techniques listed at YogiTimes.
5. Cinnamon isn't just spicy and sweet, it's good for you too! Cinnamon can help strengthen your cardiovascular system, relieve fevers and even aid heartburn. Head over to The Organic Whey for more about the health benefits of cinnamon.
6. Looking for a DIY project this weekend? Try upcycling card catalog drawers into planters! These planters allow you to add the fun of flowers to your patio, porch or anywhere else you choose to place them. Visit Ecosalon for how-to instructions.
7. Fighting acne? The unwelcome bumps can be difficult to get rid of, especially if you are avoiding chemicals. Luckily, you can visit Mommy Greenest for a 4 step all-natural acne remedy.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Rusty Clark