Just because you follow a plant-based diet doesn't mean you can't have kickin' Super Bowl party food. Try our 13 decadent vegan Super Bowl party food ideas at your shindig.
1. Avocado & Fig Fertility Salsa: Not only is this dip full of delicious, healthy ingredients that are unique compared to your standard game day salsa, it can also give you a fertility boost!
2. Loaded Guacamole: To go the traditional route, check out my absolute favorite guac, loaded with spicy peppers, red onions and tomatoes. Yum.
3. Easy Homemade Hummus: What vegan party is complete without hummus? The best part is mixing in whatever ingredients you like to snazz it up a bit. Hummus with pureed roasted red pepper mixed in is one of my favs.
4. Chickpea Nuggets:If you have kids at the party, these two-ingredient homemade chickpea nuggets are amazing! Just take some of your homemade hummus, add some breadcrumbs, bake and wallah.
5. Raw Walnut Pate: Mmm...walnuts. They're so meaty and delicious as a pate.
6. Baba Ganoush: So fun to say and so delicious to eat. I LOVE eggplant and baba ganoush is a fantastic way to eat it. If you've never tried baba ganoush and you think you're not an eggplant fan, try this creamy delight and you just might change your tune.
8. CrockPot Chili: Game day plus chili equals win. And you can do it vegan style. Keep this delicious chili warm in the crock on your serving table and you'll be eating bowls of it, dipping tortilla chips in it and enjoying that spicy burn all game long.
From the Organic Authority Files
9. Texas Caviar: I see this stuff in the wholesale club all the time, but making it yourself is so much more frugal and healthy. Texas caviar is a great mix of black-eyed peas and spicy peppers. I like to add black beans to my version, too. Delicious.
10. Mango Guacamole: Mangoes in your guacamole, yum! Bonus for those with allergies, this guac is nightshade-free.
11. Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms: Paleo and vegan, these stuffed cremini mushrooms are sure to please.
12. Sesame Glazed Cauliflower "Wings": Who needs chicken wings? Try these cauliflower wings or make a buffalo version with coconut oil and hot sauce. Like the natural roasted flavor? Try these Roasted Cauliflower Poppers with coconut oil instead of ghee.
13. Raw Tzatziki Sauce: I think I could eat a whole bowl of tzatziki. But you might want to share this one with your guests for dipping veggies or pita triangles. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Related on Organic Authority
Image: stacy spensley