Let's face it, Girl Scout cookies are freaking delicious...but they're also full of unhealthy junk ingredients like corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and artificial coloring. They're kind of failing on that "strong bodies" part of the slogan. Healthy cookie recipes come to the rescue!
I have an easy excuse not to buy Girl Scout cookies since I'm gluten-free, but I do miss the Thin Mints. If you can't have Girl Scout cookies due to dietary restrictions or just don't want to eat the yucky ingredients, try our seven healthy homemade copycat Girl Scout cookie recipes.
1. Thin Mints: Heidi at 101 Cookbooks makes this fantastic, weird ingredient-free, all-natural thin mint. The key? Natural peppermint oil! Or try this nutrient dense version of thin mints. Also check out Paleo thin mints or vegan thin mints.
4. Trefoils: Healthy shortbread cookies that really show your loved ones you care.
5. Tagalongs: Healthy vegan, grain-free Tagalongs (a.k.a. peanut butter patties).
6. Lemonades: Gluten-free lemonades are my personal favorite lately. I'm still sentimentally attached to Thin Mints, but lemon cookies are so fresh and delicious. The secret? Lemon zest!
7. Thank U Berry Munch: These yummy cookies are a fantastic oatmeal cookie filled with berries and chocolate.
Related on Organic Authority
Image: amy loves yah