Chicken soup ain't the only one that's good for the soul. Bowls of hot soups have been warming souls and bellies for millennia. And one of the best aspects of these soup recipes is that you can craft them out of just about anything!
Here are seven of our favorite hot soup recipes.
1. Fennel Soup: This Creamy Fennel Soup is a vegan delight that is a blend of spinach and fennel and is light and creamy. So, it'll warm you up without weighing you down.
2. Cauliflower Potato Soup: If you want something to really stick to your ribs, this Cauliflower Potato Soup is just the creamy, hot soup you're looking for.
3. Pumpkin Soup: There are pumpkins aplenty right now and if you think they're just for pie, you're missing out. Sample our Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Soup, made with leeks and creamy coconut milk.
4. Borscht: One of the prettiest soups around, this version of Beet Borscht is hot and perfect for winter lunch or dinner.
5. Short Rib Stew: Want something a little different? This savory Short Rib Stew is filled with veggies and beans as well as hefty quantities of shredded short rib meat for a hearty meal that will stick to your ribs (see what I did there?).
6. Butternut Bisque: Butternut squash is a signature vegetable of the frozen months, so why not have it as a hearty, rich soup like this Butternut Bisque? The Greek yogurt and sour cream make it an extra smooth and creamy bisque.
7. Delicata Squash and Chicken Soup: No soup list is complete without chicken soup. But go for something a little wilder with this Orzo, Delicata Squash and Chicken Soup rather than your standard chicken noodle.
Related on Organic Authority