If you have kids, you'll have leftover oatmeal. It never fails, my youngest will ask for seconds and then wander off before they're done. Luckily enough, I have plenty of oatmeal recipes that can put that leftover oatmeal to good use.
Any oatmeal recipes that use oats soaked in milk for 10-15 minutes can use leftover oatmeal instead. That means my personal favorite, breakfast cookies!
Try our seven ways to use leftover oatmeal in these delicious oatmeal recipes.
2. Leftover Oatmeal Bread: Oatmeal bread, oatmeal cookies and even fried leftover oatmeal are popular treats over at New Life on a Homestead.
3. Coconut Baked Oatmeal: This one from The Coconut Mama sounds like a fantastic treat. Coconut, leftover oatmeal, cream and some unique flavoring. Almond extract, vanilla and a splash of balsamic vinegar are in this delicious-sounding coconut bar. Or you can make her Creamy Coconut Oatmeal by subbing in your cooked oatmeal for the oats and liquids.
4. Oatmeal Cookies: Wowza, these look delicious. Just sub in your already-cooked oats for the oats and liquid here for these tasty oatmeal cookies from Cheeseslave.
5. Dark Chocolate and Walnut Oatmeal Cookie Bars: My kids absolutely love these. They are their favorite "granola" bars.
6. Oatmeal Bars:These tasty bars use soaked oats, just swap in your oatmeal for a quick and delicious snack.
7. Breakfast Cookies: Oh yeah, these are the piece de resistance of leftover oatmeal recipes. And they're so versatile! Mix in your favorite dried fruits and spices to really jazz these cookies up!
Related on Organic Authority