Welcome to part two of our series on cooking with your seasonal vegetables and fruits from your farm share, community supported agriculture (CSA) box or local farmers market.
This week’s boxes are likely to include incredible veggie gems like lettuce, kale, spinach, bok choy, kohlrabi and garlic scapes. For fruit, we’re still enjoying strawberries. Try these seven fruit and vegetable recipes this week using your CSA box for inspiration.
1. Spring Salad: Use your lettuce or spinach to make an amazing salad like this Spring Greens Salad Recipe with Parmesan and Lemon Vinaigrette, our Salmon, Potato & Asparagus Salad Recipe or even this delicious Fresh Strawberry & Spinach Salad Recipe. Or just toss together your own creation with lettuce, kohlrabi, kale, spinach, diced garlic scapes and strawberries.
2. Smoothies: Take that spinach to another level with our Green Power Bliss Smoothie Recipe with Spinach, Chia and Pea Protein.
3. Spanokopita: Another favorite for spinach is the Greek delight Fresh and Seasonal Spinach Spanakopita. These happy little pockets of dough are great, especially on a rainy spring night.
4. Lettuce Wraps: Lettuce wraps are an amazing treat in the spring and summer. And you can fill them with so many delicious things. How about a batch of Spicy Spinach Curry Lettuce Wraps or these mock P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps?
5. Stir Fry Bok Choy: One of my favorite ways to enjoy hardier greens like bok choy or chard is chopped and simply stir fried in a bit of coconut oil and garlic. Delicious! Spice it up with some hot chili sauce if you like.
6. Kohlrabi: One of the less common items found in this week's box is kohlrabi. Try it roasted or properly introduce yourself to this wonder here, Discovering Kohlrabi (and 9 Delicious Kohlrabi Recipes).
7. Garlic Scape Pesto: As with many greens, you can make a mean pesto with garlic scapes. Check out these seven garlic scapes recipes, including pesto.
Need more ideas? Read part one of our CSA series for more inspiration.
Related on Organic Authority