The new year has only just started and you are all ready to give up on your resolutions, or maybe you are just tired of hearing and reading about everyone’s resolutions. In either case, you probably just need some inspirational quotes to get you jump started.
It’s that time of year again. It’s cold outside (if you are in the Midwest and Northeast US, it’s bone-freezing cold), it’s dark when you go to and leave from work and you pretty much just want to hibernate in your bedroom under the covers until May. Don’t let it get you down though. Hibernating for humans is not a thing. You must leave the house, you must interact with people and you must get some pep in your step. Inspirational quotes are what you need.
And that’s where we come in. We have put together a roundup of the best inspirational quotes to get you inspired and keep you inspired to knock the socks off of the rest of your life. It might be cold, rainy, snowy, dark, dreary and [insert dismal adjective here] outside, but you need to get your act together and hit the gym, take that class, get that promotion at work or whatever it is you need to do to take control of your life. Crappy weather be damned.
Here are some of the best inspirational quotes we found to keep you inspired through the winter and the rest of the year too!
- “Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.” - Alfred A. Montapert
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”- Mae West
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain
- “Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” - Simone de Beauvoir
- “I intend to live forever, or die trying.” - Groucho Marx
- “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” - George S. Patton
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” - Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” - William Butler Yeats
- “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar
- “The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don't have, the happier you will be.” - Amy Poehler
- “Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.” -Audrey Hepburn
- “Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.” -John F. Kennedy
- “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” - Jack London
Related on Organic Authority:
Top Image: InspireAndMotivate