Laughing is a key ingredient in a healthy lifestyle. Is your life lacking laughter? Commit to going for the giggle and try laughing every day this month:
- Try out a Laughter Yoga class – yes, that’s a thing.
- Laugh at yourself the next time you trip, break something, spill your drink or otherwise act like the human you are.
- Spend time with a dumb-looking dog. Adopt a puppy, dog-sit a friend’s pooch, or hang out at the local dog park.
- Grab a seat at a sidewalk café with good people watching, and make up silly stories in your head about interesting characters that walk by.
- Think of the one person on the planet who can always make you laugh, whether that’s a sibling, old friend, or new buddy. Call them up.
- Share something silly that you did with a friend, so you can both get a laugh out of that embarrassing situation that no one knew about – until now.
- Buy a book of your favorite cartoons, like "The Far Side", "Calvin & Hobbes", or "Garfield."
- Indulge in a funny DVD. What type of comedy really gets you going? Dry humor? Sarcasm? Slapstick? Plain old stupid? Cozy in at home with a comedy and someone you love.
- Create a humor bulletin board near your desk, with images, jokes and items that make you laugh.
- Smear cake on your face, and then walk around asking people, “Is there something on my face?”
- Learn one really good joke that always makes people laugh. Tell it.
- Practice laughing in all different styles. Try out a giggle, a guffaw, a snorting laugh and a high-pitched shriek (preferably, when you’re home alone). You’ll feel so silly that you’ll start laughing for real.
- Read a comic book that you loved as a kid. Betty and Veronica, anyone?
- Take an improv class and get creative with a bunch of strangers as you pantomime mowing the lawn in stilts.
- Play miniature golf at a whimsical course with windmills, monsters, and moats.
- Hang out with kindergartners. Volunteer at your local school, or baby-sit your cousins. Play games and get back in touch with your inner giggler.
- Instead of reading the news, read The Onion. This satirical news sources is bound to make you smile out loud.
- Download a joke app for your phone, like 18,000 Cool Jokes, Break, Funny Jokes or Yo Momma Jokes.
- Subscribe to Mad Magazine.
- Remember that time that you couldn’t stop laughing in a place where you were supposed to be serious, like church, class or a funeral? Think about it again and just try not to laugh.
- Host a game night for your friends. Cranium, Taboo and Apples to Apples are all winners for groups. Is your sense of humor a little twisted? Cards Against Humanity will have you rolling.
- Watch a silly TV show and give yourself 30 minutes of laugh time, like "America’s Funniest Home Videos", "The Soup", "Tosh.0" or "Portlandia."
- Hit the neighborhood bookstore and buy a joke book that appeals to you.
- Go to a stand-up comedy show. Whether it’s the performance a big-name comedian or open-mic night for the locals, make comedy the focus of your evening.
- Head to the cinema to catch the latest funny flick with your friends.
- Make up a song and sing it to your pet or your plant.
- Eat dinner with someone who you were childhood friends with, and reminisce about the tree house, the sand pile, and the water balloons.
- Laugh at jerks. When someone cuts you off in traffic, try laughing instead of cursing. What an idiot!
- Instead of mindlessly cruising social media, spend your surf time watching a humorous video. Check out Funnyordie, or look up your favorite comedian on Youtube.
- Go out for karaoke with a group of friends, and spend the evening laughing at each other.
- Stockpile comedy shows on your DVR or TiVo. Set your favorite series to record, and you’ll always have something funny to watch after a long day.
Related on Organic Authority
From the Organic Authority Files
Laughing image via Shutterstock