We are getting back to beauty basics this year. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun with accessories, right? All the items you need to look and feel your best for the season.
When summer first hits we revel in the extra glow and low maintenance vibe. Now that we are well into the hot season, it is beginning to show in how we look and feel.
Look need a bit of zhushing up? Need a feel good boost? We have what you are missing right here.
7 Midsummer Beauty Essentials for a Feel Good Season
1. Acne management: If you feel zits are at an all time high, you are not alone. Not only can acne and bacne be more active in warm, humid weather, but you feel like it’s on display. Z Skin offers acne control items for both face and body, made with Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV restores balance to skin, kills bacteria, dissolves dead skin cells, which clog pores, and removes excess oil. Must-have items for anyone duking it out with a blemish boom.
2. Get rosy: We sang the praises of rose water already this summer, double up with Biossance The Nourisher Prescious Rose Facial Oil containing damascus rose extract. Use this beauty to protect against free radical damage and promote a healthy glow.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Body boon: Is the skin on your body feeling a bit sapped and scratchy? Whose isn’t?! Try Biossance The Revitalizer. A fragrance-free, non-greasy body moisturizer to hydrate and soothe skin.
4. Allergy reliever: How bad are allergies this year? So you’ve been popping pills daily with little to no relief? What your sinuses need is a good rinse. Neti Pot rids the nasal passage of dust and pollen, essential for days spent outdoors or when allergens are high. And this pretty pink pot looks good enough to take up real estate on your bathroom counter.
5. Tone up: Do you ever feel like you can’t get your skin hydrated no matter what you do? In summer months we often go overboard on cleansing because skin tends to feel greasier. Over-cleansing and harsh alcohol toners strip away natural oils, making it difficult for skin to stay balanced. Coui Skincare Ocean Toner contains soothing aloe and nourishing sea kelp to give skin a refreshed feel while offering light hydration.
6. Ear appeal: One of the hottest looks for summer? The hair tuck. Tuck hair behind ears for a sleek hot weather look. And what better way to show off some stunning earrings, like the Destini Hoops made of recycled brass and quartz from Ekocreashunz.
7. Throw some shade: Cool sunglasses are a must this time of year. Doesn’t get much cooler than upcycled EQO Optics Salix shades made of old skateboards. Sweet! Complete the look by harnessing hair with a headband, like this reversible Mata Traders fair trade pretty made in India.
Related on Organic Authority:
8 Single Ingredient Beauty Products With Big Results
Learn How to Prevent Acne in 3 Natural Steps [From an Expert]
22 Best Natural Sunscreens of 2016 (Including the One You Definitely Need)
Image of woman in summer via Shutterstock