As snow and rain give way to sunshine and... well, even higher gas prices, we begin to emerge - perhaps more scantily clad - with a new spring in our step. Sometimes our hairdos don't get the memo. Let your mane reflect your uplifted spirit with a do-it-yourself hair mask (or two) that gives volume, shine, health and vibrancy to dull, lifeless locks.
Ditch the chemicals and expensive treatments. Your home cupboards hold the key to keeping your tresses naturally gorgeous.
A Mask for Overall Hair Greatness
- Mash yor avocado completely.
- Add the coconut milk and olive oil, stirring rapidly to combine it all.
- Warm up your mask on the stovetop until it's slightly warm.
- Apply the mask from roots to ends, massaging it into your scalp.
- Leave on for at least thirty minutes or as long as you can, and then wash your hair. Perhaps give our DIY: Homemade Shampoo & Conditioner for Naturally Beautiful Hair Recipe a try.
A Nourishing Mask for Silk 'n' Shine
- 2 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil / or almond oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix up all your ingredients.
- Before washing your hair apply the mixture to the roots and comb through.
- Leave the mask on for an hour; then rinse it out.
From the Organic Authority Files
A Thickening Mask for Massive Volume
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flat beer
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash your banana, creating a thick consistency
- Mix in one egg and blend until smooth (hand mixer could be helpful...).
- Add 1/2 cup of flat beer, then a tablespoon of honey and blend.
- Apply to scalp, roots and all the way to your ends.
- Let your mask sit for a few hours, and then shampoo out.
Why beer? Well, beer has properties that help to thicken the hair, giving the appearance of fullness and volume. It also contains proteins that provide shine and strength.
De-Frizz Your Hair Mask
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond oil.
- Combine all your ingredients together
- Massage into hair from root to ends.
- Let this sit for twenty minutes before washing out with an all natural shampoo.
Now, roll your windows down, and let it whip in the wind...
image: Kennedy Garrett