You exfoliate your face and body on the regular. But lips? If you have always felt lip scrubs are a cutesy item or waste of time and money, hang onto your lipgloss. These natural lip scrubs are going to change your life.
You like your lipstick to go on smooth, no? And your lipgloss to last, correct? Then there are those smoochable moments that call for super softness, right?
All of these issues are addressed with the regular use of a lip scrub. And if you think the only people using this product are teenage YouTubers, you're mistaken. Natural lip scrubs are quickly becoming a staple in even the most prestigious skincare lines and beauty bags everywhere.
The skin on our lips is thinner and more fragile than anywhere else on the face. It has to be handled gently and with care. You’ve probably heard that a good rubbing with a toothbrush or washcloth will make lips smoother. But fragile lips can take a real beating this way, and the last thing you want is to damage your pout.
The beauty of natural lip scrubs? They are made with healthy oils that keep lips hydrated while they are getting a good sloughing. Smooth, soft, and supremely moisturized.
I’ve come up with a list of the best natural lip scrubs to get you going. Use whenever your pucker feels dry, chapped, flaky or otherwise in need of a little boost. And remember, always use a gentle touch when exfoliating lips.
Best Natural Lip Scrubs to Improve Your Pucker
1. Treat Beauty Organic Lips Scrubs: Had to start out with this darling brand. I test drove Sherbet Organic Lip Scrub and Marshmallow Cream Organic Lip Scrub, and they are new favorites. The chubby stick design makes these sugar scrubs super easy to apply. Rinse (or lick ) sugar off of lips. Treat suggest following up with one of its throwback roll-up lip balms (in a wide selection of fun flavors, like Confetti Cake!), but I went straight bed and woke up with lubed up lips, no balm required.
2. Lauren Brooke Organic Sweet Chai Lip Scrub: Up next we have this delicious brown sugar scrub. This one contains shea butter for super softness and a yummy spice flavor. My daughter and I agree, this stuff tastes exactly like chai. It does a darn good job of smoothing lips and offers a luxurious hit of moisture. I also feel like the cinnamon gives the slightest plumping effect. Love!
3. GlaMER Lips Organic Lip Scrub: If you are in the market for a bubblegum lip scrub, go for one that is also completely organic and good for lips. This brand also makes lemon, coconut, and Champagne. Ooh, la, la!
4. Stewart & Claire Mint Julep Lip Scrub: Yes, another brown and white sugar blend. But this one is like a whipped up, creamy delight for lips. The unique flavor of mint, black pepper, and cedar would make a nice treat for soothing your guy’s lips too.
5. B Leaf Botanics Lip Scrub: This sugar scrub contains the incredible moisturizing and softening benefits of mango seed and coconut butters. Teamed with lemongrass essential oil, this baby is a tropical treat for rough lips.
6. ILIA Beauty Balmy Nights: The organic beauty superhero has come out with this new product. A lip exfoliant in lip balm form. This one is a bit different in that it is not a sugar scrub, but contains volcanic stone powder (aka, pumice) to do the sloughing. Perfect for using before applying an ILIA lip color.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Image of women with puckered lips via Shutterstock