I hope you all survived the holiday and managed to make some stellar picnic dishes. I'm sure this week was incredibly long -- all post-holiday weeks are -- but it's finally Friday, and time for our weekly From Our Friends, where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week, we've got information on some crafty handmade birthday gifts your kids can make, some great sunburn home remedies, some yummy summer cocktail recipes that go great with picnic dishes, and some stellar ways to get some top-notch sleep. You also can read up on 50 reasons you should drink coconut water, some sandwich ideas and some DIY fragrance ideas.
1. Get your kid to use her hands and allow her to make a friend's birthday gift. Crafting a Green World has 15 stellar handmade birthday gift ideas.
2. If you're spending a lot of time outside, you may be burned. Keep that yucky sunburn in check with Fit Bottomed Girls' five sunburn home remedies.
3. HooplaHa has rounded up some sweet summer cocktail recipes that you can serve alongside any picnic dishes you've yet to make.
4. Need some much needed Zzzz? Free People has listed seven great ways that you can get a good night's sleep.
5. Are you feeling thirsty and tired of normal ol' H2O? The Chalkboard has 50 reasons why you should start chugging coconut water.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Lunch becoming a bit bland? Here are 10 sandwiches from Vegetarian Times that will make your lunch more exciting.
7. XOVain has some great tips on how to make your own fragrance with essential oils.
Related on Organic Authority