Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Are you ready? I kind of am. I still need to test a few recipes. If you've got a bit of time, though, you should check out this week's From Our Friends. From Our Friends is OA’s weekly roundup of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s post has a link to an article about eco-friendly ways to stay warm, a link to some cute Thanksgiving dresses, recipes for Thanksgiving punches, a sweet potato recipe, and some tips about mushroom foraging. Also: 50 tips for ladies who want to lead a full life and a DIY craft tutorial.
1. Are you looking for a few ways to stay warm this winter? Well, no need to touch the thermostat. Mother Earth News has eight eco-friendly tips that will help you stay warm this winter.
2. ModCloth has a few cute outfits that you can wear on Thanksgiving. (Or during the beginning of December… it’s always nice to have some “transitional, present-shopping pre-holiday dresses.”)
3. Are you looking for a Thanksgiving punch to serve to your family the night before the “big day?” Look no further than Whole Foods’ Market’s cocktail and punches.
4. Are you looking for a vegan, gluten-free sweet potato recipe to serve at your Thanksgiving dinner? Give this recipe at our sister-site EcoSalon a shot.
5. Want to go mushroom foraging but don’t know how? No worries – The Chalkboard has some tips.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Hey, ladies! HooplaHa has a list of 50 things every woman needs in her life.
7. If you need some napkin rings for your upcoming Thanksgiving meal, you can DIY them. Via Crafting a Green World.
Related on Organic Authority