Making love, doin' the deed, making whoopee—whatever you call it—sex is one activity where there's always room for improvement and new doors to explore, if you'll pardon the pun. And like most activities in life, sexual performance improves with exercise. So dim the lights, cue up the iPod and get ready for some hot, sweaty workout action with these sex-boosting moves.
1. Kegels - Kegels pump up your love muscles, literally. These moves strengthen your pelvic floor and allow you to "grip" your man for a tighter squeeze on his member—an effect he's sure to appreciate. There's something in it for you, too. Kegels may help you climax more easily and achieve stronger orgasms, according to creator Dr. Arnold Kegel. Another plus? You can perform these anywhere, and nobody can tell that you're doing them. Here are the instructions: contract your pelvic muscles as though you're stopping the flow of urine. Hold this for 3 seconds, relax for 3 seconds and repeat 12 times. Do these three times a day for best results.
From the Organic Authority Files
2. Jogging - Great lovers have strong libidos and enviable stamina, and jogging helps in both of these areas. You may have known that jogging builds endurance, but did you know it could also ramp up your sex drive? By increasing blood flow and triggering your body to release feel-good endorphins, the cardio activity can help get you in the mood. What's more, your legs will grow stronger so you won't tire out as easily when you're on top. Jogging also helps keep your weight in check, and the better you feel about your body, the more confident you'll be in the bedroom.
3. Pelvic Lifts - These moves limber up your pelvic region, and the thrusting action may spark such arousal that it's a good idea to keep your partner nearby. Lie on the bed or the floor with your knees bent and slightly parted, feet flat. Breathe in, and raise your pelvis until your back is straight. Hold the position for 15 seconds, rest and repeat for 12 repetitions. To steam things up even further, try incorporating a bouncing motion.
4. Crunches - Your abs are important muscles for sex, allowing you to nimbly move your pelvis in mind-blowing ways. Keep them primed and ready for action with crunches, a traditional yet effective go-to for strong abdominal muscles. Lay on the ground with your hands behind your neck for support and your knees bent, feet planted flat. Lift your shoulders a few inches off of the floor, return to the reclined position and repeat 12 times. Rest and repeat for a total of five sets.
5. Meditation - It's a cliché because it's true: your brain really is your biggest sex organ. And as Scientific American reports, meditation and pleasurable sex both require the brain to turn off self-consciousness and focus on the moment. Therefore, honing your meditation skills could translate to a steamier sex life. Try meditative yoga, deep breathing exercises or guided meditation.