You are in for a treat this week! With the Oscars quickly approaching, it's time to start thinking about parties. If you are considering throwing one this year, you are definitely going to want to check out Epicurious' article on Best Picture-themed meals. Additionally, this weeks From Our Friends includes an article on how one winery is saving millions of water per year, as well as a story on twitter accounts belonging to the homeless of NYC. Enjoy!
1. The Huffington Post has an amazing story posted about how a New York agency has armed the homeless with prepaid phones and Twitter accounts so that they can tweet their lives.
2. Has the drive-thru changed the way we look at food? Greenopolis seems to think so.
3. Frog's Leap Winery saves 10 million gallons of water a year with dry-farming, according to Treehugger.
4. In an article posted by the LA Times, Homeboy Industries is helping former gang members get into "jobs not jails."
5. Thinking about throwing an Oscar party? Check out these great meals from Epicurious inspired by the Best Picture nominees!