The best part about publishing our Chew News articles is seeing how passionate you all get about the issues that matter to you. This week's McVeal article seemed to infuriate you as much as it did us, and we were inspired reading all of your reactions on Twitter and Facebook. Thank you for being intelligent, informed people. It's the key to progression.
Also, check out our OA Everyday Eco Star! Her name is Danielle, but she goes by the name of The Glamorganic Goddess on her blog! Her story is amazing, and you can read all about her right here! Congrats! Check out her new blog for us here, as well!
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @nakedbinder2: @dariakl Just found a super easy and yummy recipe on @OrganicAuthorit for a blueberry banana smoothie bit.ly/j0q3B6 #antioxidents
- @erinschrode: This man is changing the world! Proud to know him! #Organic Legend David Bronner, CEO @DrBronners: organicauthority.com/foodie-buzz/da… via @OrganicAuthorit
- @LucidWellness: Think I'll try this w/ teeccino and coconut milk. How to Make an Organic Pumpkin Spice Latte: organicauthority.com/eco-chic-table… via @OrganicAuthorit
- @CPTrattoria: Restaurant people are definitely addicted to it, or so it seems! RT @OrganicAuthorit: Are You Addicted to Stress? su.pr/278hWB
- @ecosalon: So it's dark and rainy... you know what will make you feel better? Making this latte bit.ly/pplEKH thanks @OrganicAuthorit #recipe
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
Masha Hinds People who buy anything because it says "natural" are just plain uneducated about marketing. There is no standard for natural. Disease and death are natural too. If you don't want to be "fooled," don't be a fool and think before you buy.
- Kathy Nolan Have not eaten veal since the '70s, for humane reasons (ever since I found out how veal is produced)... unbelievable that McIck would come up with this now. Perhaps they think that the current generation doesn't have the background to understand why this is so bad? Just another really good reason to avoid the fast food emporiums...
Lisa Hart Yum, yum and yummy! Love to eat! I enjoy as many veggies as I can. Even if I do drive my kids crazy with experimental dishes:)
- David Rosenthal not surprised...McDonalds will not only grind up anything with a heartbeat to make a dollar, but target your children like a street pimp disguised as a disney character...does anyone wonder why the majority of the population is obese and stupid...
- Michsi Ottley I stopped eating McDonalds, Wendys, all of them about two years ago. After seeing documentaries, and what not I can't imagine why a parent would want to feed it to their kids, or eat it themselves. I have a weight blog, and a lifestyle blog, and i follow other blogs, and i see ppl making smarter decisions health wise, yet their kids are still demanding junk food. Trust me if you tell your kid no enough times, and take the time to cook something wholesome and just as yummy they will thank you later for it.