This week we had the most social media conversations yet! With over 250 wall posts and comments, we were taken back at how active our community is.
After reading some of your stories on why you went organic, it felt great knowing we have the best organic community on the web. Here are some of our favorite highlights from the week:
- @EcoGlamEvents: @OrganicAuthorit Oh my goodness, I love French Onion Soup!! I'm trying this asap!
- @AineCarlin: @OrganicAuthorit some really awesome tips for carving pumpkins - thanks!
- @DanFranChap: Drooling over some simple, delicious looking snacks in the @dailygrommet office! http://t.co/Fjb4pHr via @organicauthorit
- @Foodtrainers: @OrganicAuthorit hadn't heard the term "pinkwashing". It really gets on my nerves esp when carginogenic products are sold in name of cancer.
- @TandemPhotos: @OrganicAuthorit You should be in Stratford - it's nice and sunny here. We could probably find you some creampuffs, too...
- @healthbychad: @organicauthorit: How do you feel about "Pinkwashing?" - http://t.co/Z6jMOuI // Pisses me off. And then I look like an a$$hole.
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
After our article on "pinkwashing," it seemed like you all had a lot to say on the matter. Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Ana Belén Salatino I am really irritated by pinkwashing and other "breast cancer awareness" campaigns because they don't apparently do much more than show our support for its victims. I think it'd be more successful if it were associate with true preventative measures like information about the very well studied connections between breast cancer and nutrition, rather than tell women to get mammograms which is an admittedly questionable form of 'prevention.'
- Toni Soumis-Kelley I thought it was pretty funny when i saw the pepsi has a pink ribbon on their diet pepsi cases! just of many rediculous things with pink ribbons on them. I don't buy anything with a pink ribbon. I'd rather send my money direct if I do at all
- Amanaa Rendall I find 'pinkwashing' pretty disgusting, but considering the generally misleading nature of advertising in general, it isn't surprising. Maybe I am just jaded...
- Mara Rubinoff Shapiro Laura thought you'd all like to make this gorgeous Fall Leek and Cauliflower Soup:
1 med head Cauliflower, coarsely chopped, 2 large leeks, well rinsed and sliced, 4 large carrots, peeled and cut in large pieces. 4 med parsnips, peeled and cut in large pieces.
Put vegetables in large dutch oven. Cover vegetables wit...h 1/2 water and 1/2 organic vegetable stock. Season with Herbamare herb salt, and pepper. Cover, bring to boil, and cook until vegetables are soft. Puree with hand blender. You can top with croutons, or not...sit with your family and enjoy!
- Sheryl Beard I blame those little beggars that come knocking on the door every year. That's why I buy candy.