We know you are gearing up for the long cooking weekend, so we decided to dedicate a portion of this weeks Favs to that! One of the most delicious parts of our week was reading all of your INCREDIBLE guacamole creations, so we have included ALL of them right here! Pick one, try it out, take pictures, let us know what you came up with! We hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July and we'll see you on Tuesday.
We also have a brand new OA Everyday Eco Star! Her name is Danielle, but she goes by the name of The Glamorganic Goddess on her blog! Her story is amazing, and you can read all about her right here! Congrats!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @jicombs: @jillettinger @organicauthorit Grilled fruit is like being in sugar Heaven! So tasty and good for you. Peaches are my favorite.
- @greenfestival: Natural and beautiful ways to deter garden nibblers! RT @OrganicAuthorit: 5 Flowers to Plant for Natural Pest Control http://dlvr.it/XTf79
- @fripso: @MotherEarthFAIR @OrganicAuthorit Borage is great. The flowers attract bees & the leaves not only are nutritious, but taste like cucumbers
- @iamsilverpeace: Awesome Info. Thanks for sharing this. @OrganicAuthorit 4 Weeks, 4 Body Parts: Yoga Roundup http://t.co/rheyW4u @PeaceYoga
- @islandsally: I love @kleankanteen :) I also have a BPA-free @NalgeneOutdoor @OrganicAuthorit Choosing the Right Water Bottle: A Guide http://t.co/Hxm7NEX
- @craigslistdad: Pomelo and lychee are yummy! Need to try the others!“@OrganicAuthorit: 9 'New' Fruits to Try http://t.co/kod8zVC #meatlessmonday”
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We asked you for your own recipes for the PERFECT guacamole, and boy did you deliver! Here are some of our favorites:
- Heather Peters-Siems Avo, onions, tomato, cilantro, chili powder, cayanne, garlic powder, s & p. AWESOME! Oh and lime of course.
- Audrey Swanson Miner 2 mashed avocados, 3T chopped cilantro, the juice of half a lime, 1 garlic clove, 1 diced tomato, and 1 cup diced green onion. Salt to taste ;) Fan-tastic!!
- Sally Riggs Cumin, oregano, pressed garlic, sea salt, dash of water, lightly cooked organic sweet corn, chopped heirloom tomatoes on top
- Hana Theobald Instead of guacamole I've been enjoying avocado cilantro hummus lately: chickpeas, tahini, avocado, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil, salt.
- Laura Genton diced super ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, a chopped organic tomato, chopped sweet onion, fresh cilantro, sea salt. I like it chunky :)
- Melissa Buhler-Jonker Avocado, chopped Roma tomatoes, chopped Red Onion, Garlic, Lime Juice, Salt, Dash of Cayenne and a Handful of Chopped Cilantro.
- Nutrition Research Center One blender or Magic Bullet. (all organic, of course): Avacado, lime, onion, tomato, garlic, a hint of white wine vinegar, Himalayan salt, and cilantro. Blend away!
- Tara Sita (Organic): Avocado, lemon, cumin, garlic and sea salt. Simple and piquant!
- Donna Heck Wilson 2 avocados, 2 plum tomatos, 2 T cilantro, hot sauce to taste,1/4 t. cumin, 1/2 lime, 1 garlic clove...delicious!