Believe it or not, some people don’t like dressing up for Halloween. In fact, quite a lot of people just aren’t into the whole costume scene. They enjoy the excuse for eating candy, the Halloween bar loops and the parties, but couldn’t care less about Halloween costumes.
Unfortunately for these folks, they are often forced into going to Halloween parties by well-meaning spouses, friends, roommates and/or co-workers. These well-intentioned interlopers operate under the misguided assumption that those eschewing costumes just haven’t been to the right party/pub crawl/haunted house. Nothing could be further from the truth. Since childhood, the anti-costume folks have been drug to these outings and thought growing into adulthood meant they could give up the totally ridiculous pastime of dressing up. The best-laid plans often fail though.
If you are someone who just doesn’t get what all the fuss is about, but you’ve got 7 Halloween parties to attend, try out these Halloween costumes for those who don’t do costumes. Most of these can be put together in the last minute from stuff you already have on hand because we know you don’t want to waste any more time or resources than you already have to.
11 Halloween Costumes for People Who Don’t Want to Wear a Costume
- Don Draper - Wear a suit with a skinny tie and slick your hair back with hair gel.
- Mardi Gras Reveler - Invest in a Mardi Gras style mask and wear that sucker every year. No need to wear anything special with it, just don the mask.
- Audrey Hepburn - All you need is a LBD (little, black dress), a big hat and even bigger sunglasses. Oh, and style your hair in a chignon.
- Rosie the Riveter - Simply wear a dark blue button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and tie your hair up in a bandana.
- Top Chef - Add a white apron to whatever you happen to be wearing.
- Hipster - Wear a plaid shirt, skinny jeans and big plastic-framed glasses.
- Disguised Celebrity - Wear a baseball cap and sunglasses with whatever you happen to be wearing. Tell people you are an incognito celebrity.
- Retro Reporter/Detective - Wear a trench coat, which you’ve already got in your closet, and a fedora, which you can get from the thrift store if you don’t already have one.
- Flight Attendant - Wear a solid color pencil skirt or dress pants with a white button down blouse. Tie a scarf around your neck.
- Farmer/Gardener - If you still have those '90s overalls, wear them and a straw hat.
- Health Care Professional - If you work in the healthcare field, simply wear a lab coat or scrubs.
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: What I Wore