Celebrate the season by decorating your home with flowers and color this spring with these simple and clever repurposing craft ideas.
Turn your home into a spring oasis with these DIY craft ideas for repurposing everyday items.
13 DIY Craft Ideas for Spring
- Rain Boot Planters - Turn outgrown rain boots into a fun planter for the front porch or back deck.
- Tea Cup and Saucer Bird Feeder - Feed the robins of spring with this clever idea for turning a vintage tea cup and saucer into a pretty bird feeder.
- Mason Jar Planters - Bring your herb garden inside by turning old mason jars into an indoor herb garden.
- DIY Sisel Basket - Make your own high-end looking basket from a repurposed container and some sisal rope. It would make a great market basket.
- Tea Cup Planters - Turn tea cups into a pretty planter for sweet lily of the valley.
- Moss and Mushroom Centerpiece - Add moss and sweet paper-mâché toadstools to a pretty cake plate for a spring-inspired centerpiece.
- Repurposed Can Wind Chimes - Paint up cans of various sizes to make a colorful wind chime to hang outside.
- Bike Wheel Garden Trellis - Turn old bike wheels into a practical garden trellis for peas or other plants that need climbing support.
- Tin Can Lanterns - Here’s another great idea for repurposing cans into something useful and practical for those spring evenings out on the deck.
- Bottle Seed Starters - If you find yourself with some plastic bottles that need to be recycled, use them as seed starters for your backyard garden.
- Umbrella Door Decoration - Give a broken umbrella new life as a pretty spring planter for your front door. Add sprigs of forsythia and tulips to herald in the beauty of the season.
- Colander Planters - Repurpose thrift store colanders into pretty and functional hanging planters for your outside spaces.
- Tissue Paper Flowers - Do allergies keep you from bringing the real thing into your home? Use this tutorial to make pretty tissue paper flowers instead.
Related on Organic Authority