Pumpkin spice lattes are back on the menu and you know what that means, right? It’s time to make a visit to the pumpkin patch, stock up on pumpkins and get ready for Halloween by pumpkin carving.
But how to carve those pumpkins? We’ve got a round-up of pumpkin carving ideas for you.
If you are a traditionalist like me, then you actually want to carve your pumpkins. None of these newfangled hipster-esque approaches, like painting mustaches on pumpkins, for me. I say, it’s all about the pumpkin carving. If painting pumpkin is your thing, more power to you, but us traditionalist like to get out some of our frustrations by taking a knife (or screwdriver, saw, drill or other power tool) to a poor unsuspecting pumpkin and start carving away.
Need some inspiration? Read on. And if you need some awesome pumpkin cooking ideas, try these 17 pumpkin recipes.
From the Organic Authority Files
13 Creepy Cool Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Anatomy Pumpkins - Carve out a skull, ribcage and heart using these templates and instructions.
- Cannibal Cutie Pumpkin - Kind of creepy calling this “cannibal” pumpkin cute, but you be the judge.
- Mummy Pumpkin - Use a white variety to create a fun mummy pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Skull with Exposed Brain - This “brainy” project is a two pumpkin project.
- Pumpkin Anatomy Skull - Another fun exposed head project featuring a cutaway jack-o-lantern and skull underneath.
- Scarface Pumpkin - Use Q-tips to create a jagged scar running across your pumpkin’s face.
- Pumpkin “Bonfire” - Create a pumpkin “bonfire” by using stencils to cut “flames” into your pumpkins. Use votive candles or flameless candles for a safer option.
- Fanged Pumpkins - Plastic vampire teeth can be used to take a bit out of your pumpkins.
- Drilled Pumpkins - Use a drill to create decorative pumpkins.
- Cookie Cutter Pumpkins - Not into the whole carving thing? Use cookie cutters and a rubber mallet for an easier alternative to pumpkin carving.
- Owl Pumpkin - This carved and painted owl pumpkin is stunning.
- Puking Pumpkin - Use the pumpkin “guts” for a super gross pumpkin.
- Owl-O-Lantern - Another cool owl idea.
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: Efraimstochter