The dog days of summer are fast approaching and there isn’t much else better than lazily lingering on a garden swing in the evening. And lest you think that swings are only for kids, please read on!
Whether it’s a porch swing, garden swing, tree swing or backyard swing that floats your boat, we’ve got a roundup of great DIY swing ideas. Choose from the all-around fun of the tire swing or the serenity of hanging pallet bed. Hello? I’ll take both options!
13 Garden Swing Ideas to DIY
- Campfire Firepit Swings - Combine swinging with your firepit for the ultimate in outdoor living. What a great idea for inviting your friends over for an evening around the firepit.
- DIY Hanging Porch Swing - This tutorial offers step-by-step instructions for building your own wooden porch swing.
- Rustic Tree Swing - This is an easier project for those who aren’t as handy with a sawzall. Keep. It. Simple. Silly.
- DIY Canvas Chair Swing - This is a great project for an indoor swing or for on a sheltered porch or garden structure with a roof.
- Paracord Laced Pallet Garden Swing - Wow. This is an amazingly creative idea for repurposing pallets into a swing laced with parachute cord.
- Repurposed Headboard Swing - Repurpose that old headboard into a hanging porch or garden swing.
- DIY Summer Hammock - Make your own hanging hammock.
- Repurposed Trampoline Swing Bed - Have the kids outgrown that trampoline? Turn it into a cool grownup garden swing.
- DIY Woven Swing - Another great idea for an indoor swing.
- Repurposed Tire Swing - You just knew that there would be a tire swing on this list.
- Pallet Swing Bed - Pallets can be repurposed into anything--even a hanging swing bed like this one.
- Repurposed Chair Swing - This is a simple project to turn thrift store chairs into a functional outdoor swing.
- DIY Repurposed Skateboard Swing - Repurpose that old skateboard into a fun backyard garden swing.
From the Organic Authority Files
Related on Organic Authority