Get creative with repurposing with these useful egg carton crafts and upcycling ideas.
If you are a good farmers market shopper, then you remember to take back your egg cartons each time you buy another dozen of fresh pasture-raised eggs. However, if you are like the rest of us, then you never remember to take back those egg cartons or you get your eggs from a variety of sources besides just at the farmers market. That means we all end up facing a pile of egg cartons destined for the recycling bin. Instead of tossing those cartons into your recycling though, consider creating egg carton crafts and repurposing projects instead.
Egg cartons can actually be used a useful and practical repurposing material and can be used in a lot of unexpected ways from seed planters to craftier ways. Learn how to repurpose your cartons into useful egg carton crafts and projects for around your home.
Note: most of these projects utilize the pulp paper cartons, however it could be okay to use the plastic containers for some of these projects and those plastic egg cartons cannot be recycled.
7 Egg Carton Crafts and Repurposing Ideas
- Indoor Greenhouse - Use pulp paper egg cartons to create an indoor mini greenhouse to start your spring, summer and fall plantings inside. You can then transplant the plantings outside--carton and all.
- Egg Carton Organizer - Transform those junk drawers from disorganized chaos into organized drawers with egg cartons as organizers.
- Egg Carton Mobile - Create stunning works of art like a hanging mobile from egg cartons like in this gorgeous example.
- Egg Carton Mini Lights - Combine strands of mini lights with egg carton to create a pretty strand of lights.
- Egg Carton Fire Starters - Turn egg cartons, wax and dryer lint into practical and functional fire starters for your fireplace or fire pit.
- Egg Carton Bird Feeder - Kids love egg carton crafts and this bird feeder project is a great one for kids.
- Egg Carton Ornament Storage - Repurposed egg cartons are great for protecting and storing your holiday ornaments.
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: Rachel Strohm