Make your Swiss Family Robinson dreams come true at a treehouse hotel. Demand has never been higher to sleep in a forest or jungle canopy, as the world fills up with city dwellers who yearn for a back-to-nature experience.
From sumptuous luxury digs to rustic retreats, you’ll find treehouse hotels all over the world. Be sure to do your research; not every hotel that claims the “treehouse” title will fit the image in your mind. And book well in advance; you’re not the only person who wants to sleep in a tree.
Perfect Treehouse Hotels
- TreeHouse Point, Fall City, Washington – Climb a ladder to your treehouse, put away your smartphone, and relax in the lush forests of the Pacific Northwest. Located just a half-hour outside of Seattle, this riverside escape offers six dreamy treehouses guaranteed to delight your inner child. Tours are also available at this adults-only treehouse hotel.
- Treehouse Cottages, Eureka Springs, Arkansas – Built on stilts two stories above the ground, these enchanting treehouses are enveloped by the Ozark Forest - yet the historic downtown area is only minutes away. Luxury features include antique décor, private hot tubs, fireplaces, and kitchenettes. Explore hiking trails to natural caves and hot springs nearby.
- Sanya Nanshan Treehouse, Hainan Island, China – Steps away from the shimmering blue waters of the South China Sea, this treehouse hotel offers a more rustic experience – no ensuite baths or private hot tubs. You will have electricity, however, along with easy access to the beach and the adjacent Nanshan Buddhism Cultural Theme Park.
- Missouri Treehouse Cabins, Dora, Missouri – Perfect for families, this treehouse hotel offers large, stilted lodgings up to 1,200 square feet. Listen to the gurgling sounds of the North Fork River below, and enjoy relaxing features like covered decks and whirlpool tubs. This region is known as a fly-fishing hotspot.
- Costa Rica Tree House Lodge, Limon, Costa Rica – You’ll find several plush lodging options at this jungle hotel, but the Treehouse is unique. Wrapped around a 100-year-old Sangrillo tree, the treehouse features hand-carved furniture from sustainable wood and a suspension bridge to the front door. Sleep in a beautiful, split-level suite with kitchen and room for four.
- Tropical Treehouse, Rincon, Puerto Rico – Situated a mile and a half from the coast, this tropical hideout is surrounded by thick jungle foliage – in fact, there are no walls at all. Stay high in the jungle and get around via treetop stairways, ladders, and walkways.
- Playa Viva, Juluchuca, Mexico – With a cool, circular design that overlooks the beach, this eco-friendly treehouse is built out of sustainable materials. Chill out in the in-floor hammock and relish ocean views from your bed.
From the Organic Authority Files
Not into hotels? Up for adventure? Check out the treehouse listings on Airbnb. While many of the “treehouse” listings are anything but, there are some hidden gems and legit forest sanctuaries that may satiate your desire to sleep in the trees.
Related on Organic Authority