Sometimes, nothing quite hits the spot or provides more “chillaxing” comfort than a bowl of salty, crunchy popcorn. And when you make it yourself, with good fats and some super powders, it can be a worthwhile treat. Enjoy with your favorite movie for the ultimate wellness experience.
This recipe comes from the book Super Powders, Adaptongenic Herbs and Mushrooms for Energy, Beauty, Mood and Well-Being, written by Katrine van Wyk, published by The Countryman Press, a division of W. W. Norton & Company
1 tablespoon ghee for popping
1/4 cup organic popcorn kernels
1/4 cup olive oil or ghee for coating
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne powder
1 teaspoon chlorella or spirulina
1/2 teaspoon reishi
1. Place the tablespoon of ghee in a large, lidded pot over medium heat and let it melt.
2. Add a few corn kernels and close the lid. Once they pop, add the rest of the popcorn.
3. Keep shaking and moving the pot a bit while the corn pops. Once the popping slows down, lower the heat while allowing any remaining kernels to pop.
4. While the corn is popping, heat the 1/4 cup of oil in a small pot. Remove from the heat and add the salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Let cool slightly before adding the chlorella and reishi.
5. Transfer the oil mixture to a serving bowl. Pour in the popcorn and toss until it is coated and has a nice green color.
6. Eat up!