Add a little color to your weekday morning with this healthy berry beet detox smoothie recipe.
Beets not only pack a vibrant pink punch, but also add a handful of vitamins and minerals. Beets are high in vitamin C, which keeps your immune system strong; plus they contain betaine, which help support detoxification through the liver making this a great remedy for sluggishness (like the day after indulging in too much alcohol or unhealthy foods).
A single Medjool date adds a touch of sweetness to this smoothie plus magnesium, an essential mineral. The fiber in dates keeps your blood sugar levels balanced, so don't fret about a mid-morning crash after this delicious breakfast treat. Strawberries contain fiber and additional vitamins, adding even more nutrients. Try shopping for fresh, organic strawberries at the farmers market and freezing them yourself for full ripeness and flavor. Simply rinse the strawberries, chop off the stem, pat dry, and then freeze in a freezer safe glass container until ready to use.
Another bonus you can add to this smoothie is in using homemade almond milk instead of store-bought; we love this raw recipe which is easy to make and ultra-creamy. With so many fresh ingredients, this healthful, fruit-filled smoothie is just what the doctor ordered!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 glassServings
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen bananas
- ¼ cup grated beets
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Add the date, grated beets, and almond milk to a high-speed blender. Blend for 1 minute, until almond milk has turned pink and date has disintegrated.
- Next, add the frozen strawberries and sliced bananas. Blend until smooth. Add more almond milk a tablespoon at a time if it’s too thick. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!