This sorbet recipe is light and healthy making it a great choice for healthy eaters. Plus it’s extremely easy to make! With just 3 ingredients, you can learn how to make sorbet.
Sorbet is the perfect treat to cool down any warm day. Its refreshing texture and base of hydrating fruit makes it ideal for such days. This recipe is sweetened with organic cane sugar, which keeps it free of potential animal byproducts as conventional cane sugar is often processed with bone char. It's important to keep the sugar water ratio 1:1 to prevent the sorbet from becoming icy.
If you’re using an ice cream maker, this treat can be ready in less than 30 minutes! But fret not, an ice cream maker is not required to make this delicious dessert. A loaf pan plus ice cream scoop will achieve the same results, just with a bit of waiting in between that will be well worth it.
You can make this recipe with any fruit you like. You can use either frozen or fresh. The advantage of using frozen fruit is it will chill faster. But using fresh fruit can be great, especially if you have extra to use up.
Mango creates a creamy sorbet while raspberry creates a tart yet sweet sorbet. If you're having trouble deciding which fruit, strawberry is also a great choice since it's a classic crowd pleaser. Feel free to add lemon or lime juice to this recipe for a tangy twist. Try garnishing your sorbet with fresh fruit or mint for a perfect presentation.
If using a seedy fruit like strawberries or raspberries, try straining it through a sieve before transferring to an ice cream maker or pan. This will ensure you will get smooth sorbet without any grittiness.
Think outside the box and try whatever fruit your heart desires!
How To Make Sorbet
Makes about 1 quart
This sorbet recipe is light and healthy making it a great choice for healthy eaters. Plus it’s extremely easy to make! With just 3 ingredients, you can learn how to make sorbet. You can also make lemon sorbet with just a slight tweak. Use Meyer lemons which are sweeter than your average lemon, making them perfect for sorbet.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 /2 cupServings
- 4 cups fruit frozen or fresh
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- If you have an ice cream maker, place it in the freezer 24 hours prior to making this recipe. Otherwise, you may use a loaf pan.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Whisk and turn heat down to medium-high. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen fruit and sugar water to a blender. Blend until the fruit is completely pureed.
- Transfer to a separate container and chill for an hour in the freezer.
- Transfer to prepared ice cream maker for instant sorbet or to a loaf pan.
- If using loaf pan, freeze until set.
- If using an ice cream maker, process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.