Add some summer freshness to your table with this barbecue and pineapple vegan pizza on gluten-free pizza crust. This tasty pizza is made with organic barbecue sauce and freshly cut pineapple garnished with cilantro and drizzled with cashew cheese. The oven-baked crust is crisped to perfection and no one will be the wiser that it's gluten-free.
Summer often calls for new takes on classic favorites and the perfect way to make your pizza more suited to the season is by swapping the tomato sauce for barbecue sauce and adding on fresh toppings. Serve this pizza alongside a green salad and enjoy the summer weather while eating the meal out on the patio.
This gluten-free pizza crust is not one to be intimidated by. It only requires 6 ingredients (in addition to water) and can be made in under an hour, including 30 minute resting time. The crust is by far the best gluten-free and egg-free pizza crust recipe so you’ll be certain to rely on this for all future pizza recipes!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 sliceServings
- For the crust:
- 2 cups and 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons melted Earth Balance buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- For the cashew cheese:
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the toppings:
- ½ cup organic barbecue sauce Organicville brand or homemade
- ¼ cup cubed fresh pineapple
- ¼ red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, yeast, and sea salt. Then, add warm water, olive oil, melted Earth Balance, and maple syrup. Using a rubber spatula, mix until well combined. Form dough into a ball using your hands. Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with a baking mat (which works best) or parchment paper. Add cashews, water, sea salt, lemon, arrowroot, and garlic powder to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Once the dough has risen, place dough onto the baking mat. Lightly dust your hands with flour and spread out the dough into a round shape with about ½ inch thickness. Pinch and bring up the edges to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes until firm and cooked through the middle. Remove from oven.
- Top crust with BBQ sauce and then drizzle with the cashew cream. Top with pineapple and sliced red onion. Bake for 10 minutes until edges, are lightly golden and pineapple has softened. Let cool for 5 minutes then garnish with cilantro and slice up the pizza using a pizza cutter. Enjoy!