Margaritas have come a long way in recent years with creative additions like cilantro and mezcal (if you aren't familiar with mezcal read, "Here's Why Wellness Warriors are Sipping on Mezcal), in fact you can substitute mezcal for tequila in this recipe. We love this watermelon twist on the tart Mexican classic.
(Watch the video all the way through to get two extra recipes: one for a refreshing watermelon arugula mint salad with a fresh, peppery bite, and a three-ingredient watermelon sorbet that will take you right back to your childhood.)
Watch the Video: 3 Easy Watermelon Recipes
- Prep Time
- 3 cups of watermelon
- Tequila (or mezcal)
- Lime wedges
- Mint sprigs (or your favorite herb like basil)
- Start by chopping watermelon and placing it into a blender.
- Blend until a liquid forms.
- Grab a cocktail glass and line with sugar or salt (optional).
- Add ice and one shot of tequila to the glass.
- Pour in blended watermelon.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and mint.