Clyde’s of Georgetown
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, we’re publishing another recipe that’s perfect for your organic food feast.
Clyde’s of Georgetown, winner of the Wine Spectator 2005 Award of Excellence, changes its menu each day, based on the availability of fresh, seasonal produce. Executive Chef Jeff Eng prepares this unique Brussels Sprout Hash, which he serves with his Red Wine & Juniper Marinated Venison with Bacon and a sweet potato puree.
Brussels Sprout Hash
Makes 2 servings
10 Brussels sprouts
1/4 Spanish onion
Pinch of garlic
2 strips bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Julienne the Brussels sprouts and onion. Chop the garlic.
- Sauté the bacon over a medium heat until crisp.
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to the same pan. Continue cooking until onions are soft.
- Add Brussels sprouts and butter to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as soon as the Brussels sprouts are tender.
More Irish Recipes
- Brown Scones — Chef Suzanne Goin of Lucques in Los Angeles
- Mildly Spicy Red Cabbage — Chef Catherine Fulvio of Ballyknocken House in Wicklow, Ireland
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- The Boathouse’s Brussels Sprouts
- Cavolini de Bruxelles Gratinati (Brussels Sprouts Baked with Cheese)
- Brussels Sprouts with Roasted Hazelnuts and Lemon-Garlic Sauce
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts with Mustard and Shallots
- Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- Plus: How to Select and Prepare Brussels Sprouts