My final vanilla-themed entry is today’s wonderfully wintry cocktail recipe. Add Vanilla Peppermint Pattitinis—a vodka-infused peppermint pattie on ice—to your Christmas or New Year’s Eve bar menu. Trust me, your guests will swoon.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store. Bottom’s up!
Vanilla Peppermint Pattitini
Makes 2 servings
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces half-and-half or cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chocolate extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla extract (or Madagascar or Mexican extract, if preferred)
- Chocolate syrup
- Mini candy canes
- Add all ingredients, except the syrup and candy canes, to a shaker, and shake vigorously.
- Pour into chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with a swirl of chocolate syrup and a candy cane.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Nielsen-Massey/ARA