OMG! It was only a matter of time before KALE got its own pseudo holiday. This isn’t just a day for making your favorite kale recipes. Yes folks, brace yourselves, because today is National Kale Day. (I’ll wait for you to go make a kale smoothie).
Don’t believe me? Well, it’s totally legit. There’s a website and everything. Somebody must have a kale flag in the works somewhere. All hail kale!
You can peruse the NKD website for tips and recipes and all kinds of kale trivia. You can even take a quiz to find out what kind of kale you are (I’m Lacinato, aka Dinosaur Kale).
So in honor of this tremendously important national event, we’ve rounded up some of the more absurd kale recipes so you can go full-on kale-crazy with your favorite leafy green vegetable:
1. Kale Soda. It's not a recipe exactly, but seriously, how could we not include this? Forget the kale green juice or smoothie, put kale where we really need it: in sodas.
2. Kale Cookies. You know that feeling you get when you bite into a delicious looking chocolate chip cookie only to discover the chocolate chips are actually raisins? Multiply that feeling by KALE.
3. Kale Brownies. Hmmm... Do we really need to do this to kale? Or brownies?
4. Kale Fudge Pops. In case brownies and chocolate chip kale cookies weren’t enough to give you a sad face.
From the Organic Authority Files
5. Kale Ice Cream. Almost like giving someone frozen yogurt and telling them ‘it tastes just like ice cream.’
6. Kale Cake. Is it just me, or is the whole point of eating kale to get us all to stop eating things like cake?
7. Kale Cocktail. Do all these crazy kale recipes have you feeling a little verklemped? Then celebrate this vitally important holiday with a cocktail. Just add kale.
Find Jill on Twitter @jillettinger
Related on Organic Authority
Image: Ryan Gosling Hey Girl Tumblr