Welcome back to our weekly From Our Friends roundup, where we showcase the best articles from our friends and partners around the web! This week's installment includes info on BPA-free food containers for kids, why there are NO zero-calorie foods, the mysteries and wonders of REM sleep, how to work out when you don't want to, a recipe for a homemade healthy version of Doritos, and 5 great tips for making the most of fat-burning exercises. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful weekend! We'll see you next week...
1. With the start of a new school year ahead, the thought of lunch gear has probably crossed your mind. Check out MightyNest's list of their best BPA-free insulated food containers for kids!
2. Blisstree is tired of hearing rumors about zero-calorie foods, because according to them they simply don't exist. Click through to find out exactly why.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Before you nap away the weekend, take a glance at Environmental Graffiti's fascinating article on the mysteries and wonders of REM sleep.
4. Do you feel too tired to work out when you get home at the end of the day? Experience Life's fitness editor Jen Sinkler asks the experts about working out tired, getting faster, belly-button pop-outs and working out with multiple sclerosis.
5. Doritos makes products that are wildly popular....and wildly bad for you. Check out this post from EcoSalon on exactly why they're so bad, as well as a recipe to make your own healthy version!
6. Fat. We sure love how it tastes, especially when it’s chocolate-y and frozen! But oh how we loathe the way it collects around our waist, our upper thighs, and our behinds. And unless you’re one of those people with an exceptional metabolism, you are going to have to break a sweat to battle the bulge. But fear not, there is a way to have your triple chocolate ice cream cake and eat it too – fat-burning exercise! Check out these 5 tips from The Organic Whey!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent