Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on delighting in the final weeks of grill season, how to select a durable and safe new bookbag for back to school, the media's obsession with body shaming, shaking up your routine with new organic meal planning ideas, and why we need to kick fast food for good. Enjoy!
1. August is winding down and the sun is setting on summer. Experience Life gathered up their most sizzling grilling recipes to help us savor the freshest tastes of summer ?before we put away the barbecue in favor of fall's cozy crockpot meals.
2. Carry this one with you! MightyNest gave us a great lesson on the best bookbags for back to school, sharing smart options that are functional, safe, and non-toxic.
3. Blisstree weighed in on the media's nasty body shaming trend, this time causing controversy for spotlighting still-skinny supermodel Kate Moss' who was showing off some "curves" on vacation with her family recently. Yuck.
4. Between cranky kids, sneezing and coughing travelers, and chatty seatmates (not to mention cancellations and delays), air travel is already enough of a pain! YogiTimes showed us how to ease the burden of jet-setting on our body and mind, with their first-class yoga tips for flying.
5. Is your weekly meal plan stuck in a rut? The Organic Whey shared a week of organic meal planning and recipes, including breakfast, lunches, and dinner, to change up your routine.
6. We know it's bad for us. It’s time to really take a stand and stop stooping to even occasionally grabbing a drive-thru dinner or between meals snack. EcoSalon's Foodie Underground explained to us why we really have to live without fast food.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: West Coast Kids