Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on how to embrace your inner overachiever, why you should be eating MORE pumpkin this season, how to increase your food safety, how to get built like a firefighter, and a VERY funny star-studded video on why you have the right to know where your food comes from. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful Fall weekend!
1. The art of pushing yourself hard, without pushing yourself over the edge. Embrace your inner overachiever at Experience Life.
2. You love pumpkins. EVERYBODY loves pumpkins, right? It's the quintessential fall flavor. But did you know that this cold-weather favorite is full of health benefits? Learn more at MightyNest.
3. Food traceability is an important aspect of our food safety, and you don’t have to be the buyer at the supermarket to know where your food comes from. Check out how to increase your food safety with The Organic Whey's 5 steps to food traceability.
4. Very few people are as built as firefighters. They have to be, since it's one of the most physically taxing jobs out there. If you're interested in working out like a firefighter, no gym required, check out this great post from Blisstree.
5. We can't get enough of this star studded and hilarious video on why you DO have the right to know what is in your food. Check it out on YouTube, then vote YES on Prop 37.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent