Happy Friday, readers! You know what time it is: Another installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup of the best articles and posts from our friends and partners around the web! This week has great posts on everything you need to know about eggs, how to get sleek and toned glutes, a story on the US Army FINALLY starting to make body armor for females, some great food quotes, stainless steel containers, and a whole bunch of awwww from the cutest animals in the desert. Enjoy these and we'll see you Monday!
1. For such a basic food, eggs have caused quite a ruckus. Long considered the enemy of healthy hearts everywhere, eggs are actually one of nature’s purest forms of nutritional goodness. Inside its smooth, fragile shell, an egg contains most of the nutrients our bodies need, including a rich array of proteins, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Check out the essentials on Experience Life.
2. Having sleek, shapely, toned glutes is the goal of health enthusiasts everywhere. Strength training and body sculpting glute exercises can lift and firm the gluteal muscles giving you those coveted toned and shapely glutes. Follow along with this workout on The Organic Whey to see toned glutes fast!
3. Hooray! Let’s all welcome the U.S. Army into the modern age: they've finally decided to provide female soldiers with protective body armor. Previously, women serving in combat had to wear body armor designed for male bodies (that, obviously, didn’t fit them properly). Get the scoop on Blisstree.
4. When the “apple a day keeps the doctor away” proverb is the only adage in your arsenal of food wisdom, it’s time to bulk up on new things to say. From Ireland to China and the likes of Helen Keller to Ronald Reagan, these 20 quotes will bring even more meaning and joy to the act of eating. Read them all at EcoSalon!
5. Ditch the plastic containers and replace them with some great durable and functional stainless steel ones. Find out why at MightyNest.
6. Sometimes you just need to take an "awww" break. Check out 10 cutest baby animals of the desert, courtesy of Environmental Graffiti.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Paleo Diet Lifestyle