Kids with peanut allergies can miss out on a lot of fun snacks. But with these seven recipes using mock peanut butter, a peanut allergy doesn't mean you can't experience the joy of peanut buttery deliciousness.
1. Nutless Peanut Butter Spread: If you've just got a peanut allergy and not allergic to tree nuts, there are many kinds of nut butters you can try. Otherwise, you'll want to stick to a nutless butter like sunbutter or a blend of sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds) and coconut oil for creaminess. Blend about 1/4 cup of coconut oil and one cup of toasted sunflowers in a high-speed blender. Sweeten to taste with coconut sugar, if desired. Use this spread instead of peanut butter in any of your favorite peanut butter recipes.
2. Paleo Peanut Butter Cups: These treats are great for adults on a Paleo diet as well and for kids with allergies. These cups are grain, nut dairy and egg free.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: These bars are grain free and filled with almond or cashew butter. If your family has nut allergies, just substitute the nutless sunbutter spread.
4. Paleo Peanut Butter Pie: Tahini is the secret ingredient to Meatified's peanut butter pie. And wait, there's more. It's swirled with healthy gelatin and pureed raspberries.
5. Buckeyes: Peanut-free buckeyes made with sunbutter, coconut oil and chocolate are a delicious pop-in-your-mouth candy treat.
6. Frozen Peanut Butter Cups: Chocolate, sunbutter fudge and more chocolate frozen into delicious treats? Yes, please!
7. Raw Peanut Butter Cups: Enjoy a raw diet? Try these tasty sunbutter, cacao and coconut butter cups.
Related on Organic Authority