From Leo to Taurus to Aries, each astrological sign reacts differently to stress, and the tension that can sometimes surround the holiday season is no different. We spoke to two expert astrologists about how to find peace and thrive this December and how to avoid energy blockers that can squash your festive flow.
How We Can All Better Harness Our Energy in December
Some energy blockers are universal in December because mercury is going retrograde, says Tanaaz Chubb, intuitive astrologer and author of "The Power of Positive Energy."
"We have mercury going retrograde on Dec 3. When mercury goes retrograde we are guided by the Universe to go within and reflect, instead of projecting our thoughts and feelings out into the world," says Chubb. "Mercury retrograde is a time to revisit the past and clean up any nagging or lingering attitudes, beliefs or thought patterns that may be blocking you from moving ahead."
1. You might feel blocked but it's a good thing.
When mercury is retrograde, you might feel blocked because it isn't a time of action, it's a time of reflection, says Chubb. But if you use the time to be mindful and introspective you can work through some deep-seated emotional baggage and blockages.
2. It's not a good time for big decisions.
Chubb says that mercury will be retrograde for most of December- from 3rd to 22nd, making this month not the best time to take action. "It is not really the best time to make big, grand plans, as we may not have all the facts and information that we need to move forward," she says. When mercury is retrograde, new information can come to the surface that you didn’t notice or observe before so it's best not to act until you know what that new information might be.
3. Love yourself.
Generally speaking, Chubb says that our biggest energy blocker is usually ourselves. "Many of us hold onto guilt, regrets, fears etc and they are all things that can block us. That is why self love is the number one way to release any blocks, no matter what they may be," she says.
How Each Astrological Sign Can Thrive This December
According to Milana Perepyolkina, author of "Gypsy Energy Secrets: Turning a Bad Day into a Good Day No Matter What Life Throws at You," each zodiac sign needs different things to thrive this December.
- Aries: You are a Fire sign and a leader and feel the best by sharing your passion with others and firing them up, too. Don’t even think about staying at home: Go out! Find a party, an event, a gathering. Grab a friend and go exploring new areas.
- Taurus: You are an Earth sign and have to feel grounded. Your home is your castle where you feel safe. Stay at home. You need a comfortable, quiet, and peaceful atmosphere. If you can’t find it at home (too many loud family members), go for a walk in a quiet park.
- Gemini: You are an Air sign that's always shifting and moving. You need that movement in order to feel good. Watch an adventure show. Anything educational, engaging, and exciting will do the trick.
- Cancer: You are a Water sign and can’t be happy unless people around you are happy. This makes you nurturing and empathetic. Spend time with your family, cook something delicious, and talk about your day.
- Leo: You are a Fire sign and the king or queen of your kingdom. You crave excitement. Follow that craving. How about a new hike? A ski trip? Or maybe planning a vacation to an exotic country? As long as it's the best of the best, you're in!
- Virgo: You are an Earth sign and a very practical one. Material things are important to you but you are not willing to waste your money. When was the last time you visited a new art gallery? Walked on a beach? Do something relaxing that does not cost anything.
- Libra: You are an Air sign and crave intellectual stimulation. Read a good book, listen to good music, eat that yummy cake, or go to your favorite coffee house.
- Scorpio: You are a Water sign and are drawn to psychic power. You crave things that awaken your intuition. Plan a backpacking trip in the middle of nowhere.
- Sagittarius: You are a Fire sign and crave perpetual excitement. Is it fun? Then you're in. Invite lots of friends to your house and have a party.
- Capricorn: You are an Earth sign and stability is very important to you. You have to feel in control as you walk toward your goals. Plan your next week. What needs to be done? How? Where? Make a list; make several lists.
- Aquarius: You are an Air sign and are also very social and crave sharing your ideas with others. Do something spontaneous. Go to a new restaurant. Go to a concert. Go to a lecture.
- Pisces: You are a Water sign and your feelings are very important to you, yet you tend to keep them to yourself. You get overstimulated by others and need to retreat into your private world. That’s where you create the best. Daydream, meditate, visualize, create a vision board, or write in your journal.
Related on Organic Authority:
This Ancient Ritual Quiets the Mind and Opens the Heart, Every Time
The Crazy Link Between an Awesome Sex Life and Your Chakra System
The 5 Ways a Regular Yoga Practice Might Make You Live Longer