Summer has come, but it has not gone! Chances are, even in the heat, you are reveling in the beauty that summer offers. Here are 20 quotes about summer that will remind you why this season is worthy of being honored.
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
- “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “Green was the silence, wet was the light,
the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
- “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of the winter.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
- “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn't mean in winter.” – Patricia Briggs
- “Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
- “My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” – George R.R. Martin
- “It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... it's summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
- “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russel Baker
- “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” – Dodie Smith
- “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” – Nora Ephron
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
- “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
- “To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.” – Emily Dickinson
- “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bern Williams
- “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.” – James Dent
- “New York is strange in the summer. Life goes on as usual but it’s not, it’s like everyone is just pretending, as if everyone has been cast as the star in a movie about their life, so they’re one step removed from it. And then in September it all gets normal again.” – Peter Cameron
- “There was nothing like a Saturday - unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball.” – Nora Roberts
Related on Organic Authority:
Get Radiant with Organic Authority's Summer Glow Goodie Box
Photo Credit: Gfpeck