One way to add color and pattern to your home is with hand-printed textiles and home accessories, including cloth napkins, pillows, curtains, hand towels, bedspreads, wall art and more. It’s a great way to add some visual interest without adding a big budget or undertaking huge projects. In addition, adding printed home accessories is a great solution for renters who oftentimes can’t add color or pattern via paint or wallpaper.
Whether you want to purchase hand-printed textile home accessories from an independent artisan or make your own, there are some great eco-friendly choices out there. Here is a roundup of some stunning and clever hand printed home accessories to add to your home.
Artisan Made Printed Home Accessories
1. Hand-Printed Linen Twig Placemats - Add natural elegance to your next dinner party.
2. Hand-Printed Fabric - Turn this stunning hand printed fabric into a pillow, table runner or wall art.
3. Hand-Printed Curtains - Add pattern to your windows with these gorgeous curtain panels.
From the Organic Authority Files
4. Hand-Printed Cloth Napkins - Made from 100% natural linen, these cloth napkins feature a handprinted abstract design in four colors.
5. Hand-Printed Tea Towel - This clever and cute tea towel features an illustration of all the necessary accoutrement for making tea.
DIY Your Own Printed Home Accessories
6. Heart Printed Blanket - This project utilizes hand stamping to create a blanket. Pretty much all that’s needed is paint, cardboard and cork. Cut out your own shapes and patterns or look for templates online.
7. “Cross Stitch” Pattern Printed Tablecloth - Create your own printed design to look like cross stitch simply by using a clear polycarbonate sheet and gluing squares of hard foam to create your pattern. Then simply roll-on your paint and stamp the design to your tablecloth.
8. Printed Filigree Rug - This clever project utilizes an old filigree rubber welcome mat to create a stunning antique-looking wool rug from an on old IKEA rug.
9. Batik Printed Napkins - Batik is a type of relief printing and it can be used to create all sorts of pretty home accessories. Use it to make your own batik cloth napkins.
10. Sun-Printed Pillows - Create designs with cyanotype fabric and botanical cuttings. You can create pillows for each season!
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: ShopAmySullivan