The benefits of lavender are many and varied. It's a culinary relative to mint, sage, marjoram and thyme, and can be used in the same way as these herbs. It is also a prized medicinal herb. Make sure you get organic because conventional lavender is often heavily sprayed with pesticides that preserve its color.
Herbs and oils, along with foods, were the first medicines. While our society has gotten away from this non-chemical way to heal ailments, you can still use essential oils to heal and better your life.
Lavender Oil Home Remedies
1. Allergy Relief: I've found it's amazing for my seasonal allergies. I like to put a few drops of lavender on a diffuser necklace to combat the lovely, but irritating spring blossoms. When the pollen is really awful, I add lemon and peppermint oils to really knock it out.
2. Eczema Cream: Our homemade eczema cream works well for myself and my daughter. Coconut oil, shea butter and lavender and Melrose essential oils are a powerful healing combination for my daughter's eczema. Once it breaks out, it used to take weeks to go away, now it takes us just days.
3. Homemade Relaxing Bath Melts: It is incredibly soothing. Relaxing bath melts are the perfect remedy at the end of a long day.
6. Coconut Oil Lotion Bars: These bars make incredible gifts. Add lavender essential oil and a bit of beetroot powder and they're beautifully scented and colored. The addition of the oilmay calm inflammation and speed healing for shaving cuts and other skin imperfections.
7. Lavender Honey Lip Balm: This lip balm can be be helpful in treating chapped skin and nourishes your lips. Lavender and frankincense calm and nourish your skin. And the honey makes it delicious, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Since lavender also helps treat cold sores, you can either use the stick or drop lavender on neat at the first sign of a cold sore.
From the Organic Authority Files
8. Acne Treatment Spray: The combination of Melrose and lavender is amazing for many skin ailments. Add witch hazel and you get an excellent toner that may clear your breakouts.
9. Tend to Rashes: Lavender directly on a rash may calm the itching and the rash will heal faster.
10. Sanitizer: A drop of lavender may be used to sanitize cuts and even stop bleeding. It has natural antibacterial qualities. You can even use diluted lavender on your pets' wounds to keep them clean.
11. Sunburn Treatment: Lavender may be effective in treating sunburns. It can relieve the pain from a new sunburn and quicken healing.
12. Dandruff Elimination: Rub a bit of the oil into your scalp to promote scalp health and treat dandruff.
Related on Organic Authority