Welcome handmade expert Brittni Mehlhoff to Organic Authority with this fabulous guest post.
Cracking the code on guy gifts this time of year isn't always easy. In fact, sometimes, it's a downright challenge. Luckily, I am here to help get those guys crossed off your list with six eco friendly, handmade gifts they'll love from Etsy.
1. Felt iPad Sleeve from Portel: This is one of my top picks for the holidays. Every guy loves having the newest gadgets and gizmos, and iPads are a part of the "must haves" for techies especially. So, if your man already has an iPad of his own, pick up one of these handmade iPad sleeves from Portel. Of course, if the guys on your holiday shopping list don't have iPads, there are several similar options on Portel for iPods and iPhones.
2. Scarf from Necklush: These unisex scarves from Necklush are great gifts for men and women, but for the sake of this list, let's stick to the guys. This chocolate and gold scarf is my pick for the fellas. And the best part is, every time you buy one of these scarves, you are also contributing to the alternative, non-toxic treatment of disease because portions of Necklush's profits are donated to The Gerson Institute. Now that's a purchase you can truly feel good about making.
3. Bike Accessories from Walnut Studiolo: If you have a bike lover on your list this year, check out this bike strap down from Walnut Studiolo. It is made using up-cycled materials, and is not only practical but affordable as well, at under $15!
4. Messenger Bag from Dandy Florence: If you're tired of holding all those extras in your purse from the guy in your life, maybe its time to get him a bag of his own. This recycled inner tubes messenger from Dandy Florence is perfect for the man's man, who is also eco-conscience. Very durable for the guy whose stuff typically takes a beating.
5. Bow Ties from Wickham House: When all else fails, get him a nice tie, right? Well, times are changing, so how about trying something a little different this year? For the guy who likes to stay up on trends, or is just looking for a little more personality for his wardrobe, a bowtie is a welcomed change to those drab traditional ties. I recommend these handmade bowties from Wickham House, which come in practically every style and color you can imagine.
6. Organic Tees from Jessalin Beutler: Remember, going the handmade route doesn't have to be hard. So, keep it simple (and fun) with these hand-painted, organic tees from Jessalin Beutler. The clean, geometric patterns add interest, while still keeping things relaxed and easy.
About the Author: Brittni Mehlhoff is the owner of a curated exhibition site dedicated to promoting art and handmade goods. And she is also the editor of a handmade blog by the same name. When not working on papernstitch, she is dreaming up fun little tutorials and crafting projects for her home.