2 tablespoons of reserved fat from roast turkey
1/2 cup chopped shallots
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 1/4 cups Quick & Easy Turkey Stock (see recipe)
1 1/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
From the Organic Authority Files
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape browned bits and juices from roasting pan into large glass measuring cup or fat separator. Spoon off fat and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Heat roasting pan over a medium flame and add 2 tablespoons of reserved fat.
- Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add flour, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk until it smells nutty (you are cooking off the flour taste)
- Whisk in 3 cups stock, wine, and degreased pan juices, bring to boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook to desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in rosemary and sage; season to taste with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, strain sause to remove any lumps.
Note: Because you follow an organic lifestyle and eat organic food, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize quality, flavors and nutrition while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives. Have fun!
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Roasted Split Organic Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Organic Turkey Stock Recipe
- Quick & Easy Stock
- Turkey Carcass Turkey Stock
- Fresh Herb Turkey Gravy Recipe
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!