Stone fruit season is finally upon us, and we're looking forward to adding these delicious fruits to all our dishes from desserts to snacks and even salads. Grilling fruit is the perfect way to enjoy seasonal favorites in savory recipes, and this vegan summer salad with beet greens and grilled peaches is the perfect way to enjoy a healthy, nutrient packed and completely vegan summer meal.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings (depending on if you are serving it as a main course or side dish.)
This vegan summer salad with beet greens and grilled peaches is the perfect way to enjoy a healthy, nutrient packed and completely vegan summer meal. For an extra bit of creamy deliciousness, add crumbled vegan cheese such as Kite Hill or Miyoko's.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 cup organic grain of choice cooked like quinoa
- 1/2 lb organic green beans trimmed and snapped
- 4 organic medium size and firm peaches halved
- 1 organic medium red onion halved (chopped after grilling)
- 2-4 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small organic yellow beet peeled and grated
- 1 bunch organic beet greens chopped, from beet above
- 1 small organic fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb organic arugula
- 1 cup organic red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seeds toasted
- organic salad dressing of choice and maybe homemade
- If your cooked grain is still hot, make sure to set aside to cool as you prepare the other salad ingredients.
- Heat your grill to high, or set your oven to the grill setting.
- Wrap the green beans in aluminum foil.
- Brush the halved peaches and onion with oil on a plate.
- Place the beans, peaches and onions on the grill and make sure to turn then occasionally.
- Cook until both sides have grill marks and are tender, between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Take off the grill and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Once the grain is cool enough, toss it with the uncooked vegetables.
- Once the grilled veggies are cool enough to handle, slice the onions and peaches.
- Toss the onions and green beans into the salad, and arrange the peaches on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and your salad dressing of choice.