The holidays are pure happiness for me - from everything from the weather to the start of citrus season - purely blissful! This super easy crisp (or crumble, as some call it) is so fragrant and makes the most delicious dish for the holidays. Add some vanilla or creme fraiche on top and ohhhh my! The secret is to heat your iron skillet and saute the apples, cranberries, orange and spices before adding the oat and flour topping. You might even want to skip the topping and just finish cooking the apples to top some homemade ice cream! Seriously spectacular! You'll thank me later. Enjoy and always feel free to add more spices. I'm a huge fan of cinnamon and always add more than not!
Autumn is full of my favorite flavors - spices, apples, and cranberries. This quick and easy crumble is a favorite of ours for the entire autumn and winter season.
We used a variety of apples, whatever was in our cupboard and fresh cranberries and premium spices for the strongest tastes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Apple Cranberry Crumble
- 2 1/2 cups of apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 8 oz grass-fed butter room temp
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp heaping Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup of oat flour or buckwheat
- 2 cups of oats
- 3 oz of unbleached sugar
- Oranges - 2 for zesting and juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Preheat skillet on stove top at medium low and melt in coconut oil.
- Slice and peel apples and pour in skillet on top of melted coconut oil
- Add in 2 teaspoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of muscavodo sugar
- Pour cranberries on top of apples
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Vietnamese Cinnamon, 1/2 teas ginger, 1/2 teas of nutmeg & juice of half orange and 1 tablespoon of zest.
- Stir together as the butter is melting.
- Being sure to cover the all the apples and cranberries with the liquid.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix together the oats, flour, 6 oz of butter, 1 teas of cinnamon, 1 teas of cardamon, juice of 1/2 orange and 3 oz of sugar.
- Pour the mix on top of the sautéed apples-cranberry mix.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Remove and enjoy warm with creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream