Lobster Mac N Cheese is one of my favorite winter dishes. It can get expensive in restaurants, so I like to make it at home for a treat. You can now buy just the lobster tail in stores if you don't want to deal with a whole live lobster, which is what I use for this recipe. If you want to pump up the flavor even more in this recipe, use truffle butter or oil.
1 ½ pounds lobster meat
4 ounces unsalted butter plus 1 more tablespoon
1 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
9 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (about 3 ½ cups)
4 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (about 2 cups )
10 ounces macaroni pasta (any kind)
1 cup of bread crumbs (or you can caramelize 6-8 shallots)
fresh cracked pepper
From the Organic Authority Files
Watch the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese Recipe video
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni according to manufacturer's directions until al dente and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the butter into small cubs. Place in a small saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of water. Heat the 4 ounces of butter slowly-whisking it until fully melted.
- Add the lobster meat. Cook the meat in the butter over low heat for a total of about 3-4 minutes. When the meat is just starting to become opaque, remove meat from the butter and set aside to cool slightly. Cut the meat into medium/large pieces. Set aside.
- Next, melt the remaining 1tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Add the flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the mixture browns slightly and develops a nutty aroma.
- Stir in cream and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Crack or cut the tail shell into big chunks and add to the sauce. Add the milk and, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add the cheeses, a handful at a time, and stir until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine, pasta, sauce and lobster. Salt and pepper to taste, and again, stir to combine. Pour into a large baking dish and top with bread crumbs or caramelized shallots. Bake in oven for 30 to 35 mins.
- Note: Because you follow an organic lifestyle, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavors and nutrition while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Watch the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese Recipe video.
- Roasted Organic Beet Salad with Aged Goat Cheese Recipe.
- Spicy Asian Salad Recipe
- Watch the Spicy Asian Salad Recipe.
- Hale Kale Salad Recipe
- Watch the Hale Kale Salad video
- Winter Organic Salad with Pears, Pine Nuts and Ricotta Salad Recipe
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!