Written by Laura Klein
2 cups of water
1 cup quinoa
1 small shallot finely chopped
3 tablespoons of champagne vinegar
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, basil (or your favorite herbs)
- Wash quinoa in 3 changes of cold water through a sieve.
- Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain in sieve, then set sieve over same pot above 1 inch of simmering water (bottom of sieve should not touch water).
- Cover quinoa with a folded tea or kitchen towel. Cover sieve with a lid (it does not need to fit tightly) and steam over simmering water for about 8-10 minutes until fluffy, tender , and dry. Remove lid and pot from heat. Let stand covered with towel, 5 minutes.
- Combine shallot, vinegar, zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and stir in fresh herbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!